Michael Gorges M.A.
Michael Gorges M.A. is a trainer and coach of intercultural communication with an emphasis on Iran and 37 years of Iran experience. Mr gorges is contributing These experiences as Iran specialist to the Business Performance Academy.
His career began with an apprenticeship as a typesetter in the 1970s. Mr Gorges later went on to get his university entrance certificate at evening school and studied Cultural Anthropology and Indology at the University of Hamburg. During his studies he met his wife, who is Iranian, and traveled with her to Iran for the very first time in the summer of 1979 where he also got married. After returning to Germany Michael Gorges decided to focus on Iran, completing his studies of Cultural Anthropology, Islamic Sciences, and Political Sciences at the University of Bonn with a Masters Degree. Starting during his studies and continuing after graduating as Magister Artium Mr Gorges has worked for various Iranian companies over a period of 20 years and has held management positions, such as procurator and agent for the Iranian parent company in Germany.
Since the year 2000 Michael Gorges has been working as independent consultant and trainer of intercultural communication with an emphasis on Iran. He also has been holding a lectureship for Intercultural Communication, Social Media, and Social Sciences for the past five years. Furthermore, Mr Gorges took part successfully in an additional training of TÜV Rheinland in 2006 and is certified as Consultant for Quality Management. He taught introductory courses on that same topic at Shahid Behesthi-University in Teheran, Iran and, also in Teheran, prepared Iranian businessmen through intercultural training courses (Fit for Germany) for their impending immersion in the German business culture.
Michael Gorges is author of the German guide "Business Knigge Iran" which so far is the only such publication in the field of business literature on Iran written in German. He has also published numerous other books on Persian business culture.
Publications (Excerpt - these titles are available in German only)
- Business-Guide Iran. Bundesanzeiger Verlag, Köln 01.2017.
- Business-Knigge Iran. Mit interkultureller Kompetenz zum Erfolg im Iran-Geschäft. 3. überarbeitete und aktualisierte Neuausgabe. Springer Verlag, Wiesbaden 2016.
- Erfolgreiche Kommunikation mit arabischen Geschäftspartnern. Management Circle, Eschborn 2016.
- „Nein“ geht gar nicht. Mentalitätsunterschiede oder die Auswirkungen des schiitischen Islam iranischer Prägung auf die Geschäftskommunikation, in: IRAN CONTACT. OWC Verlag, Berlin 2016.
- Länderbericht Iran. Praxisinformation für Export und Zollverantwortliche im Unternehmen. Bundesanzeiger Verlag, Köln 2014.
- Business Knigge Iran. Mit interkultureller Kompetenz zum Erfolg im Iran-Geschäft. Kindle Edition 2012.
- Geschäftserfolg im Iran. Verhandeln, Arbeiten und Führen in der persischen Geschäftskultur. Verlag Orell Füssli, Zürich 2008.
- Kulturstandards in Iran, in: Brenner H./Manfred Gößl (Hrsg.): Handbuch für Exportmanager. Verlag Wolters Kluwer, Köln 2006.
German, English, and Persian